The journey through electricity markets continues with a focus on intra-day and balancing market mechanisms, to close the gap between schedules obtained after the clearing of day-ahead markets and the real-time operation of the power system. This entails
- the general process of converging from day-ahead market clearing to physical operation of the power system
- the intra-day market itself
- the definition of imbalances
- balancing markets and their operation
- settlement principles e.g. one-price and two-price settlements
The module is composed of a set of video lectures. The module introduction gives an overview of the theme and topics to be covered. The lecture slides are also made available.